Welcome!

Whether you stumbled upon my blog or are here to get a sneak peak of your session, I hope you enjoy your stay! Remember this is my original work; please do not copy or use my images without permission! Thank you!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

As if I don't have better things to do during naptime... *updated with more info*

The more I've been thinking (hubs would call it "one-tracking" - takes one to know one) about photography, I've noticed that one part of my brain is always looking for that photogragh-able moment. Yesterday afternoon, I was making a mocha for hubs and myself. I set out the makings, started the espresso and walked into the other room for a minute. When I came back, I saw the above, grabbed my camera, focused, and snapped. I didn't change the settings from what was previously set, so I totally agree that a higher aperture would have made for a better picture. I actually adjusted after this shot, but never quite got the same look again. So, here is the original SOOC, f/4 (boo), ss 1/15 , 200 ISO. I cropped it slightly and applied the "Cinema-scope" effect from pic*nik, which gives it that kind of vintage feel. It's definitely not as cool SOOC:

P.S. Did you notice my reflection in the shot glass?

1 comment:

Fle said...

Lee.. I LOVE the color (did you edit???) I think this pic would look even better with a little higher aperture. The espresso canister is the first thing I "see" just because it's bright. If it were a little more blurry (not a ton though), I bet the espresso would stand out more. I love though, and it makes me miss you!

Mom*Tog - For moms who love digital photography

VIsitors

Followers