Welcome!

Whether you stumbled upon my blog or are here to get a sneak peak of your session, I hope you enjoy your stay! Remember this is my original work; please do not copy or use my images without permission! Thank you!

Monday, February 2, 2009

First Edit in PSE

And it's nothing earth shattering, I promise. I'm not proficient enough yet to do all that I want to do. But I haven't posted a picture in a while, and this little lady actually stood still long enough for me to snap a picture! Never mind it's kind of an ugly background or that my editing skills are limited to removing a little bit of dried yogurt from her brow and converting it to black and white! :o)

f/4.5 ss 1/80 ISO 200 Not too sure how rule of thirds applies when the eyes are at different levels. Would love to at least vignette or blur a bit on the side of that ugly window, but don't know how! Lots of learning to do in PSE!

**Edit** Uh oh. I couldn't help myself. I went back to my old "crutch"...a certain online editing site, and messed with this a bit. Added a vignette and increased the contrast a bit. Although it actually kind of enhanced the little rash on her face. I guess I need to learn how to remove it.

1 comment:

Fle said...

To smooth skin: duplicate the background layer, gaussian blur (to really blurry), add a mask and then invert (fill the mask with black so you don't see any of that blur). Then go back to the mask with the brush tool in white, and "paint" the areas of the skin not touching edges, ie. don't paint eyes and eyelashes, lips, nostrils, any edges of face. Now adjust opacity of the layer until it looks softened but not fake. I'm finding that for rashes and stuff it doesn't take much! BTW, I LOVE WINDOW SIL PICS! I'm so jealous of your low windows :)

Also, to add a vignette you go to "filter, distort, lens correction".

Mom*Tog - For moms who love digital photography

VIsitors

Followers